Tractor drivers urged to get revved up for charity run
- Credit: Archant
A large convoy of tractors will descend on the quiet coastal village roads of Norfolk for the 2018 charity tractor run.
Tractor drivers are being urged to get revved up for the event which starts in Scratby and goes all the way through to Stalham.
The tractor run - in its second year - will take place on Sunday November 4 with all money raised going to Shine and YANA (You Are Not Alone).
Last year 35 tractors took part and the event raised over £2,000 for breast reconstruction support charity, Keeping Abreast.
The tractor run was set up by farmer Philip Page, who was looking for a unique way to raise money for charity.
Carol Beckett, who is helping to arrange this year's event hopes it is able to build on the success of last year.
She said: 'Lots of people attended the tractor run in 2017 and it was a big success to raise all the money we did.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 6 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 9 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
'It is a wonderful event that people seem to really enjoy. There was such a great reaction to it last year that we've decided to put it on again.'
The vehicles will meet at Pages Farm, Scratby Road at 9.30am for a 10am start.
They will then travel in convoy through Hemsby (10.10), Martham (10.25), Repps (10.35), Potter Heigham (10.45), Sutton (11.00), Stalham (11.05), Catfield (11.20), Ludham (11.30), Clippesby (11.45), Billockby (11.50), Fleggburgh (12.00), Filby (12.10), Ormesby (12.15) and back to Scratby (12.35).
Tractors will have buckets on the front of them for collecting village donations.
Anyone wishing to take part with their tractor should contact either Emily Page on 07557587976 or Philip Page on 07799 455373 - email email@example.com.
Registration is £10 per tractor.