Toyota gives glimpse of WRC-inspired 210bhp plus Yaris hot-hatch
- Credit: Toyota
Toyota is set to reveal a new high-performance version of the Yaris supermini at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
Inspired in part by the new Yaris WRC rally car, which made its debut at this week's Monte Carlo rally, the hot-hatch supermini will feature a prominent rear spoiler, central exhaust outlet and huge front grille.
Toyota's publicity shots also show some black and red decals, although it's unclear whether these will make it on to production models.
The Japanese brand has not yet said what will power the three-door hot-hatch, and no performance figures have been mooted, but it has confirmed that the engine will produce more than 210bhp.
As well as this high-performance model, Toyota will be making changes to the standard Yaris line-up, too, bringing design modifications inside and out, as well as a modernised interior. Toyota also says the Yaris will get a range of technical upgrades as the company tries to improve the popular supermini's comfort and handling.
Details of these upgrades are scant, but Toyota claims the changes will strengthen the Yaris's appeal, in particular the hybrid version, suggesting that the current petrol-electric car may also get some sort of powertrain update.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 10 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit