Town set for more traffic disruption
CELIA WIGG More traffic disruption is on the way for Diss where a number of roads will be closed during October to enable essential works to take place. Sewer repairs have prompted the closure of St Nicholas Street, from the junction with Market Hill to Mount, Street.
More traffic disruption is on the way for Diss where a number of roads will be closed during October to enable essential works to take place.
Sewer repairs have prompted the closure of St Nicholas Street, from the junction with Market Hill to Mount, Street. Anglian Water plans to start work on October 8, and the scheme will take two weeks to complete.
Walcot Green will be closed between October 15-26, from the Frenze Hall Lane junction to Walcot Road junction, while BT renews poles and cables.
Resurfacing of the A1066 Park Road, from the junction with Mere Street to the Upper Denmark Street mini-roundabout, is scheduled. for October 17-20. A surfacing scheme is also planned at Shelfanger Road, from the St Nicholas Street junction to 15m north of the junction with Louies Lane, from October 21 to November 2.
In addition, remedial work to the existing roundabout at Morrisons supermarket, on the A1066, is due to begin on October 22, including modifications to the new pedestrian crossings. This is expected to have a limited effect on traffic.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 9 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 10 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
A county council spokesman said the authority worked closely with the town council, and Diss county councillor Jenny Chamberlin, on the timing of the schemes, and has arranged to carry out the work on Park Road at night to avoid disruption.
Earlier this month, the Mere Street junction with the A1066 was closed for drainage works, causing traffic disruption in the town centre for about two weeks.