Town salutes wounded during 1940s Weekend
- Credit: Submitted
An army of volunteers have raised hundreds of pounds during a fundraising weekend for a Norfolk-based charity which supports wounded servicemen and women.
The 1940s Weekend in Holt last month collected a total of £1,690 for the Stody-based Walking With The Wounded charity.
Among the highlights of a programme of commorative events were a sing-a-long at town centre store Budgens of Holt, a 'We'll Meet Again' variety show at the Auden Theatre, and pigeon race from Sandringham - with the winner donating their cash prize to the cause.
Visitors who took the trip down memory lane were also given the privilege of parking in the headmaster's space at top private school Gresham's, which was marshalled by the 1st Holt Scouts, for £5.
Collection tins were also distributed around the town ahead of the cheque presentation this week.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road