Town centre to be packed out for runs, cycle races and fun day
Fakenham town centre is set to be packed with activities at the second annual Active Fakenham Easter Sunday Fun Day.
There will be a 5km run and 1km fun run through the town and cycling races.
Fakenham Market Place will be packed out with stalls, games and activities.
Organiser Richard Crook, from Active Fakenham, said: 'The first year went very well last year with lots of people very positive about it.
'Nearly 100 people have already signed up to take part in the runs and we're hoping for more.
You may also want to watch:
'It's for runners of all abilities.
'People can walk the route, if they want to, and there will also be some club runners taking part.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
'There are still spaces available for cyclists but anyone taking part in this must have a British Cycling licence.'
The event will run from 12pm until 6pm on April 16, with road closures in place from 8am until 7.30pm.
Mr Crook said: 'We will do our best to minimise disruption and hopefully people will see this is something good for the town.
'It help to raise the profile of Fakenham, gives people something to do, encourages healthy living and also has social and economic benefits for Fakenham. Some town centre businesses, which would usually be closed on Sundays, will be opening especially.'
He added: 'I'm hoping that people will show their support and come out to watch and enjoy the day because it should be quite a spectacle.
'The support I've had from businesses, organisations and individuals so far has been fantastic.'
There will be a fun fair and lots of activities for people of all ages to enjoy.
There will be a sports massage tent area in Fakenham Market Place offering free massages for cyclists and runners on a first come first served basis.
For more information about the event and to sign up, go to www.activefakenham.org.uk