Town centre to be packed out for runs, cycle races and fun day
Fakenham town centre is set to be packed with activities at the second annual Active Fakenham Easter Sunday Fun Day.
There will be a 5km run and 1km fun run through the town and cycling races.
Fakenham Market Place will be packed out with stalls, games and activities.
Organiser Richard Crook, from Active Fakenham, said: 'The first year went very well last year with lots of people very positive about it.
'Nearly 100 people have already signed up to take part in the runs and we're hoping for more.
You may also want to watch:
'It's for runners of all abilities.
'People can walk the route, if they want to, and there will also be some club runners taking part.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
'There are still spaces available for cyclists but anyone taking part in this must have a British Cycling licence.'
The event will run from 12pm until 6pm on April 16, with road closures in place from 8am until 7.30pm.
Mr Crook said: 'We will do our best to minimise disruption and hopefully people will see this is something good for the town.
'It help to raise the profile of Fakenham, gives people something to do, encourages healthy living and also has social and economic benefits for Fakenham. Some town centre businesses, which would usually be closed on Sundays, will be opening especially.'
He added: 'I'm hoping that people will show their support and come out to watch and enjoy the day because it should be quite a spectacle.
'The support I've had from businesses, organisations and individuals so far has been fantastic.'
There will be a fun fair and lots of activities for people of all ages to enjoy.
There will be a sports massage tent area in Fakenham Market Place offering free massages for cyclists and runners on a first come first served basis.
For more information about the event and to sign up, go to www.activefakenham.org.uk