Town centre head shave for Lowestoft woman looking to help teenager beat cancer
- Credit: Archant
A local woman will brave the shave in Lowestoft town centre as she helps a youngster battle cancer.
Thirty-four-year-old Nikki Capell will be positioned outside Lloyd's bank on Saturday, September 30 and invite members of the public to cut off bunches of hair for £2, before having the final strands shaved off.
Money is being raised to help smiley teenager Hannah Coffill - whose illness caused her to go blind earlier this year - to visit a clinic in Berlin where there is a chance of sight restoration.
'The idea of my daughters not being able to see me really pulls on my heartstrings,' said Miss Capell.
'I spoke to Hannah's mum and she said she'd love for me to do the head shave - hopefully Hannah is well enough to pop down on the day.'
You may also want to watch:
The hair cutting on September 30 will begin at 2pm and a 'guess the cake weight' competition will also raise funds.
To donate, visit justgiving.com/crowdfunding/nikkicapell.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones