Towergate scheme for armed forces
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth-based Towergate Insurance has unveiled a new discount scheme for the armed forces and veterans.
Towergate has teamed up with the Defence Discount Service, launched by the government last October, to provide online discounts to the Armed Forces, their families and veterans.
Michael Rea, pictured, Towergate chief executive retail, said the firm had a 'long and proud history' of working with and supporting the military.
'This latest discount scheme reinforces our commitment to the brave men and women who do such a fantastic job for our country,' he said. 'In these tough economic times we hope this scheme will make a big difference.'
Tom Dalby, head of the Defence Discount Service, said: 'We are really proud to be partnering with Towergate Insurance. We have been working closely with them to ensure that these offers will provide a genuine saving to the defence community. Towergate Insurance has a great reputation within the market and has a wide spectrum of services that can really help the broad needs of our audience.'
You may also want to watch:
Launched last year, the scheme has been described by prime minister David Cameron as a way of supporting servicemen and women.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk