Tour of Houses of Parliament for students and busines leaders from Diss and Harleston
- Credit: Archant
Students and business leaders were given a tour of the Houses of Parliament by South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon.
Mr Bacon spent more than an hour showing members of the Diss and Harleston Business Forums around the corridors of power, with visits to both the Commons and Lords chambers - where he was able to give a flavour of how parliament works.
Members of the forums were also joined by eight year-nine students from the debating club at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston.
They were shown a painting of the Archbishop which sits within the Palace of Westminster, denoting his role in democracy after he and six other bishops were imprisoned for opposing policies of King James II in the 17th Century.
The students posed questions to their local MP and forum members were able to discuss latest developments in government policy, particularly with regard to Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
Archbishop Sancroft student Tabitha Smith said afterwards: 'It was amazing to see inside such an important place and to learn about its history in such a friendly environment.'
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner