Tour of Houses of Parliament for students and busines leaders from Diss and Harleston
- Credit: Archant
Students and business leaders were given a tour of the Houses of Parliament by South Norfolk MP Richard Bacon.
Mr Bacon spent more than an hour showing members of the Diss and Harleston Business Forums around the corridors of power, with visits to both the Commons and Lords chambers - where he was able to give a flavour of how parliament works.
Members of the forums were also joined by eight year-nine students from the debating club at Archbishop Sancroft High School in Harleston.
They were shown a painting of the Archbishop which sits within the Palace of Westminster, denoting his role in democracy after he and six other bishops were imprisoned for opposing policies of King James II in the 17th Century.
The students posed questions to their local MP and forum members were able to discuss latest developments in government policy, particularly with regard to Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
Archbishop Sancroft student Tabitha Smith said afterwards: 'It was amazing to see inside such an important place and to learn about its history in such a friendly environment.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford