Tour of Britain to head through West Suffolk towns and villages
Thousands of people at set to cheer on the Tour of Britain (ToB) riders as they pass through West Suffolk.
On Friday, September 8 stage six of the OVO Energy ToB will leave Newmarket at 10.45am and make its way towards Aldeburgh.
The route will pass through Exning, Fordham, Worlington, arriving in Mildenhall at 11.19am, Icklingham, Lackford, Flempton, Hengrave, Fornham All Saints, Bury St Edmunds, Great Barton, with the first Eisberg sprint in Ixworth.
Chairman of Forest Heath District Council Ruth Bowman said: 'You couldn't get any closer to these world class competitors, and whether you follow cycling or not, it is a truly memorable experience.
'I hope people make a note of the time the race is expected to reach them, and then go out to cheer them on.'
The tour will also be live on ITV4.
For more information about the route and the tour click here
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 9 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 10 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears