Tour of Britain to head through West Suffolk towns and villages
Thousands of people at set to cheer on the Tour of Britain (ToB) riders as they pass through West Suffolk.
On Friday, September 8 stage six of the OVO Energy ToB will leave Newmarket at 10.45am and make its way towards Aldeburgh.
The route will pass through Exning, Fordham, Worlington, arriving in Mildenhall at 11.19am, Icklingham, Lackford, Flempton, Hengrave, Fornham All Saints, Bury St Edmunds, Great Barton, with the first Eisberg sprint in Ixworth.
Chairman of Forest Heath District Council Ruth Bowman said: 'You couldn't get any closer to these world class competitors, and whether you follow cycling or not, it is a truly memorable experience.
'I hope people make a note of the time the race is expected to reach them, and then go out to cheer them on.'
You may also want to watch:
The tour will also be live on ITV4.
For more information about the route and the tour click here
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft