Tour de Broads organisers reveal they are planning two bike races in 2017
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A popular Broads biking fundraiser will be double the fun next year as a second route is launched.
The Tour de Broads, which is organised by local cycling retailer Pedal Revolution, will hold two events in 2017 to link the northern and southern waterways, with routes ranging from eight to 100 miles.
The first, held on April 30, will begin in Great Yarmouth and head south, winding around the southern Broads.
Then, on August 20, the second will weave through villages in the upper section of the wetlands – although a final route is yet to be announced.
It comes as part of a wider drive by Broads Tourism to promote the Broads network as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's event, the fourth, raised about £60,000 for various causes, and 2017's fundraisers are set to benefit Macmillan, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Norfolk and Norwich Association for the Blind and many others.
The Tour will also now be offering a scholarship programme and offer young riders a sponsored bike, coaching and support for the summer season.
Entries for the routes open today – cyclists can enter by visiting www.tourdebroads.com or by visiting Pedal Revolution stores in Norwich and Gorleston.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
Riders can enter free of charge if they pledge to raise £150 for a charity.
For more information, click here.
• Do you have a charity story we should be writing about? Email email@example.com