Top chefs to show off their skills at Worstead Festival
- Credit: Thomas Elston
A top line up of chefs and food heroes are set to make an appearance at a summer festival in north Norfolk.
The Best of Norfolk Food event is taking place as part of the Worstead Festival on July 26 and 27 this year.
Chefs will be passing on tips in the demonstration kitchen, showcasing knife and butchery skills and giving talks and presentations on nutrition and cooking for and with children.
Those confirmed at the event so far include Daniel Smith from the Ingham Swan, Steve Norgate from the Beechwood Hotel in North Walsham, Roger Hickman from Hickman's Restaurant in Norwich, Andy Snowling from the restaurant chain Animal Inns and Madhu Choudhry from Ethnic Fusion in Dereham. Pye Bakers of Norwich will also be holding demonstrations.
As well as exhibitions stands from some of the region's best suppliers, producers and growers, there will also be tips on making the perfect cup of coffee from an award winning barista.
You may also want to watch:
Chefs wishing to show their skills and producers wishing to sell their wares at the event should contact organisers Lorraine Gary or Caroline Rance at The Best of Food at the Worstead Festival on 01692 535332/536662 or go to the website where applications for stalls in the marquee can be made - www.worsteadfestival.org.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns