Top chefs and students to dish up fine dining at the Debut Restaurant
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
Some of the county's top chefs will be taking over the Debut Restaurant at City College Norwich (CCN) to host a series of unique dining events with the help of students.
The Chef Takeover Dinners will see students receiving top tips from experts in the trade who are keen to share their knowledge to the next generation of chefs.
The chefs taking part - Richard Hughes from The Lavendar House, Chris Coubrough from The Flying Kiwi Inns, Charlie Hodgson from Food Heroes and Nigel Raffles from The Library Restaurant - have put together special menus designed specifically for the occasion.
CCN communications officer Clare Burgess said: 'The aim of this event is to provide students with an opportunity to learn from and network with experienced and talented chefs to develop their skills and aspirations.
'It will also provide the opportunity to produce dishes that they haven't made before which will help in their college course by broadening their subject knowledge and vision.
You may also want to watch:
'Alongside the food, guests will also be able to see the high standard of food and service that City College Norwich's Hotel School students can produce.'
Debut Restaurant head chef James Phillipo said the college, on Ipswich Road, have hosted a score of chef takeover events in the past but this will be the first time it will be done to a large scale.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 7 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
'These takeover events are a fantastic opportunity for our students to learn, develop and be inspired by each chef's creativity.
'We are extremely proud to work with a wide range of talented chefs who are keen supporters of the Hotel School in the development of our students.
'We would like to thank all chefs involved in the upcoming events.' He added.
The event will be running from January 17 to February 21. For more information please visit www.debut.ccn.ac.uk or call the restaurant on 01603 773227.