Top chef at Great Norwich Nosh Up
- Credit: PA
Award-winning Jean-Christophe Novelli has been announced as the headline celebrity chef appearing at the new four-day Great Norwich Nosh Up next month.
The French chef will be staging three demonstrations at the event, which celebrates food and drink from around the world, and runs from Thursday, June 12 to Sunday, June 15 at Chapelfield Gardens.
Mr Novelli said: 'I'm delighted to be invited to play my part in The Great Norwich Nosh Up, which promises to be a fantastic family event.
'As well as my cooking demonstrations, where I will create three delicious dishes featuring high-quality locally-sourced produce, I am really looking forward to meeting local food and drink producers.'
The Great Norwich Nosh Uppromises an international line-up of delights – including Moroccan specialities, South African cuisine, sausages, pies and cured meats, paella and cheeses – plus a varied programme of daytime and evening entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Already signed to perform on the Friday are CoCo and the Butterfields, who will be appearing at Glastonbury this year, with their own unique fusion of folk, pop and hip hop.
Talented young duo, acoustic guitarist George Edwards and Cajun player Sam Washington, will be performing on Saturday.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
And on both Saturday and Sunday, comedy cooking act The King Elvises will be delivering their own style of culinary entertainment.
Paul Kennedy, Market Square Group event co-ordinator, said: 'Preparations for The Great Norwich Nosh Up are taking shape and the excitement surrounding this high-profile event is building.
'We are privileged to have Jean-Christophe Novelli as our headline chef.
'He is hugely popular with the public, and he has made countless appearances on television in the UK and US.
'However, the most remarkable thing about Jean-Christophe is his enthusiasm and passion – you don't have to be a foodie to fall under his spell.'
Are you holding an event celebrating food and drink in Norwich? Email firstname.lastname@example.org