Tools stolen in Diss crime spree
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press Â© 2011
Tools were stolen from buildings and vehicles in an overnight crime spree in Diss.
Two vehicles, two sheds and one outbuilding were broken into around the south Norfolk town on Sunday night.
The crimes happened in Heywood Road, Hawthorn Close, Mount Street, Stanley Road and Victoria Road.
Diss' police Inspector Jason Selvarajah said he wanted to warn people to guard against thieves.
Insp Selvarajah said: 'I would urge residents to remain vigilant and to take a few simple steps to protect their property.'
You may also want to watch:
He said people should ensure all tools, equipment and valuables were locked away and not left on display, property was marked with a postcode or with a marking kit, ensure sheds, garages and outbuilding were locked and consider fitting an alarm.
Insp Selvarajah said: 'Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated or anyone with information should contact myself on 101.'
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre