Tonight’s The Night stars entertain a lunchtime audience in Norwich
Passers by were treated to a surprise city centre performance by stars of the Rod Stewart-inspired musical Tonight's The Night.
The West End show featuring the songs of the rock'n'roll legend is at Norwich Theatre Royal until Saturday, and today some of the cast put on a free lunchtime performance outside The Forum in Norwich.
Actors Ben Heathcote and Jenna Lee-James, along with guitarist Andy Taylor-Vebel, entertained with a performance of the song You're In My Heart.
Judy Foster, Norwich Theatre Royal communications officer, said: 'It was a lot of fun and gave the people of Norwich a taste of what the show is all about.'
Tonight's The Night - written by comedian and playwright/director Ben Elton - is packed with classic Rod Stewart songs, including Maggie May, Baby Jane, Do Ya Think I'm Sexy, Hot Legs, Sailing and, of course, Tonight's The Night.
You may also want to watch:
It tells the story of a shy young man, Stuart (Ben Heathcote), who is so tongue tied he can't find the courage to declare his love to the girl of his dreams, Mary (Jenna Lee-James).
One night, he strikes a deal with the Devil, trading his soul for that of Rod Stewart.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 6 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
It seems like a good idea at the time, but Stu finds out the hard way that you can't find true love using another man's moves and that there's only one Rod.
One of the best-selling recording artists of all time, Rod Stewart's career spans five decades and his hits have led to 200 million record sales worldwide.
He wowed Norfolk fans back in June 2011 when he played to an enthusiastic stadium audience at Norwich City FC's Carrow Road.
This week at Norwich Theatre Royal, Tonight's The Night audiences will be able to enjoy listening to renditions 25 of his hit songs in the show.
• Tonight's The Night is at Norwich Theatre Royal until Saturday.
Tickets £6.50-£33.50. For more information or to book visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 630000.