Residents still without electricity after power cut leaves more than 4,000 properties around Toftwood in the dark
- Credit: PA
A power cut in the Toftwood area, which left more than 4,000 properties without power, is still causing problems for residents.
Customers began reporting a loss of power shortly before 5.30pm yesterday, and it took UK Power Networks five hours to restore service to those affected.
More than 200 people called the company to report the power outage, and engineers attended the area.
The fault was found in a high voltage overhead electricity line, which caused a power cut across four postcodes including Dereham, Toftwood and Shipdham.
Some customers had their power restored remotely from the control room, but others only came back online after power was diverted around the fault.
Some homes are still without power today though, including residents in the Rash's Green area, with reports of 'flickering' lights as far away as Cawston, near Reepham.
UK Power Networks apologised for the disruption caused by the power cut, and said full coverage was restored to the area by 10.30pm.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 6 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 7 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 8 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 9 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 10 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
The company has been contacted for an update.