Residents still without electricity after power cut leaves more than 4,000 properties around Toftwood in the dark
- Credit: PA
A power cut in the Toftwood area, which left more than 4,000 properties without power, is still causing problems for residents.
Customers began reporting a loss of power shortly before 5.30pm yesterday, and it took UK Power Networks five hours to restore service to those affected.
More than 200 people called the company to report the power outage, and engineers attended the area.
The fault was found in a high voltage overhead electricity line, which caused a power cut across four postcodes including Dereham, Toftwood and Shipdham.
Some customers had their power restored remotely from the control room, but others only came back online after power was diverted around the fault.
You may also want to watch:
Some homes are still without power today though, including residents in the Rash's Green area, with reports of 'flickering' lights as far away as Cawston, near Reepham.
UK Power Networks apologised for the disruption caused by the power cut, and said full coverage was restored to the area by 10.30pm.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
The company has been contacted for an update.