Toftwood murder: Richard Beane appears in court charged with killing Brian Heed after a body was found at a home in Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man was in court today to face a murder charge after a body was found in a house in Toftwood, Dereham.
Richard Beane, 49, of Brunswick Close, Dereham, is accused of the killing of Brian Heed, sometime between February 1 and February 6, and appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.
Beane, appearing via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, wore dark clothing and spoke only to confirm his details during the short hearing.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for a hearing tomorrow at 9.30am. Beane was remanded in custody.
Officers were called to Boyd Avenue, Toftwood at 3.21pm on February 5 after a member of the public reported his concerns about a man.
You may also want to watch:
Officers got into a home and found the body of Mr Heed, aged in his 60s.
A Home Office post mortem examination was inconclusive; however there was evidence that Mr Heed was subjected to a significant sustained assault which included the use of a knife.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash