Toftwood murder: Richard Beane appears in court charged with killing Brian Heed after a body was found at a home in Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man was in court today to face a murder charge after a body was found in a house in Toftwood, Dereham.
Richard Beane, 49, of Brunswick Close, Dereham, is accused of the killing of Brian Heed, sometime between February 1 and February 6, and appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.
Beane, appearing via videolink from Wymondham Police Investigation Centre, wore dark clothing and spoke only to confirm his details during the short hearing.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court for a hearing tomorrow at 9.30am. Beane was remanded in custody.
Officers were called to Boyd Avenue, Toftwood at 3.21pm on February 5 after a member of the public reported his concerns about a man.
You may also want to watch:
Officers got into a home and found the body of Mr Heed, aged in his 60s.
A Home Office post mortem examination was inconclusive; however there was evidence that Mr Heed was subjected to a significant sustained assault which included the use of a knife.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror