Toddlers have autumn fun in Sheringham Park
Thirty-two toddlers visited Sheringham Park, collecting autumn 'treasure' including chestnuts, twigs and red and gold-coloured leaves.
Helped by the park's learning officer Rob Coleman and National Trust volunteers, the youngsters, from Sheringham's Ladybird nursery, made woodland crowns and medallions, created log and stone sculptures and searched for bugs in a mini-beast hunting ground.
Their trip was paid for with part of the proceeds of a cake sale held at Sainsbury's, Sheringham, which is supporting Ladybird as its chosen charity of 2012.
The �500 collected was match-funded by Barclays, giving the group �1,000 to spend on off-site activities and new equipment.
'It is lovely to be able to take the children out, and to have parents come along too,' said nursery manager Louise Brock. 'We are very fortunate to have somewhere like Sheringham Park on our doorstep as I think children can learn an awful lot from the natural world.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Coleman, who hosts trips to the park by primary schools from north Norfolk, Norwich and Great Yarmouth, also runs a twice-monthly parent and toddler sessions with trails, crafts, songs and stories.
He said: 'Our aim is to engage families and get children interested in nature as, if you plant that seed at an early age, it is something they can come back to throughout their live.'
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
Ladybird Pre-School Nursery will be hosting a Halloween Disco for ages eight and under at Sheringham community centre, Cromer Road, on November 1st. Entry is �2 per child.
?The next Acorn parent and toddler session at Sheringham Park is on November 14. For more information, or to book a place, phone 01263 820555 or email: email@example.com.