Toaster fire sparks evacuation of Norwich bedsits
- Credit: Archant
A building was evacuated in the early hours of this morning after a toaster fire.
Three crews of firefighters from Carrow, Earlham and Sprowston were called to the building on St Stephens Road at 3.51am.
The building has been converted into bedsits, and there were reports that they were evacuated.
A fire service spokesman said the fire happen in a kitchen area, and firefighters used hose reels and breathing apparatus.
There were no injuries, and the incident was declared over at 4.15am.
You may also want to watch:
One police unit was called, but a police spokesman said they did not need to do anything because the fire was 'very, very small'.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'