Tiny Twinkle is a ‘real trooper’ after undergoing challenging surgery at Taverham Vets
- Credit: Taverham Vets
A Yorkshire Terrier puppy has been called a 'little trooper' by staff at Taverham Vets after undergoing challenging surgery.
Tiny Twinkle, weighing just over a kilo, became the smallest dog to ever be operated on by orthopaedic surgeon Guy Pitcher, after an accident saw her fracture the radius and ulna bones in her front leg.
A spokesman for Taverham Vets said: 'X-rays were taken and Twinkle was monitored overnight, with pain relief given every few hours to ensure she was as comfortable as possible.
'As soon as Twinkle was stable, she was taken into surgery to have the fracture repaired but due to her small size this proved a real challenge.'
Miniature titanium plates and screws were placed in Twinkle's leg to realign the bones and the puppy has now been allowed home to recover.
You may also want to watch:
Taverham Vets added: 'Thankfully Twinkle is a little trooper and doesn't seem at all phased by her ordeal, we look forward to seeing her again soon for her post-op check!'
• Do you have a quirky animal story to share? Email email@example.com
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham