Norwich City star Timm Klose opens new £23,000 play area
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City star Timm Klose has opened a new £23,000 play area at a primary school in Thorpe St Andrew.
The Swiss centre back visited St William's Primary School, off Williams Loke, on Tuesday to meet staff and pupils.
The new play equipment was purchased using money raised by the St William's Association (SWA), which is run by parents.
Headteacher Sarah Shirras said: 'The SWA have done such a brilliant job in raising so much money and ensuring our children have a wonderful place to play each day.
'One child said the first day with the new equipment was the best day of his life.
'It is also fantastic to welcome Timm to our school. He is a hero to many of our children and staff and we're so pleased he could come and officially open the equipment for us.'
The new equipment is for children aged four to seven and includes tee pees, a pirate ship and a forest stack.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park