Norwich City star Timm Klose opens new £23,000 play area
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City star Timm Klose has opened a new £23,000 play area at a primary school in Thorpe St Andrew.
The Swiss centre back visited St William's Primary School, off Williams Loke, on Tuesday to meet staff and pupils.
The new play equipment was purchased using money raised by the St William's Association (SWA), which is run by parents.
Headteacher Sarah Shirras said: 'The SWA have done such a brilliant job in raising so much money and ensuring our children have a wonderful place to play each day.
'One child said the first day with the new equipment was the best day of his life.
You may also want to watch:
'It is also fantastic to welcome Timm to our school. He is a hero to many of our children and staff and we're so pleased he could come and officially open the equipment for us.'
The new equipment is for children aged four to seven and includes tee pees, a pirate ship and a forest stack.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk