Timelapse shows engineering work on Norwich to London train line
- Credit: YouTube/NetworkRail
Network Rail have released a timelapse showing work on the Norwich to London train line which is causing passengers weeks of disruption.
The footage shows engineers taking down over 1km of overhead wire on the railway at Gidea Park, so it can be replaced with new wire.
The work is part of a £250m project to replace 320km of wire on the busy route. Once the work is complete at Gidea Park, a long-standing speed restriction imposed in hot weather between Shenfield and Ilford will be removed.
Richard Schofield, Network Rail's route managing director for Anglia, said: 'This work is crucial to improving the railway for everyone in the region as part of our Railway Upgrade Plan, and once complete, passengers will experience fewer delays on their journeys to and from London. I'd like to thank passengers for their understanding while we carry out the work, and I'd advise anyone planning to travel over the next six weekends to check their journeys beforehand.'
A further six weekends of improvement work is planned, which affects Abellio Greater Anglia and TfL Rail services into Liverpool Street, followed by a further 10 days over the Christmas and New Year period.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers travelling on the main line between Norwich and London will have to use replacement bus services between Shenfield and London Liverpool Street during this period.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft