Timelapse shows engineering work on Norwich to London train line
- Credit: YouTube/NetworkRail
Network Rail have released a timelapse showing work on the Norwich to London train line which is causing passengers weeks of disruption.
The footage shows engineers taking down over 1km of overhead wire on the railway at Gidea Park, so it can be replaced with new wire.
The work is part of a £250m project to replace 320km of wire on the busy route. Once the work is complete at Gidea Park, a long-standing speed restriction imposed in hot weather between Shenfield and Ilford will be removed.
Richard Schofield, Network Rail's route managing director for Anglia, said: 'This work is crucial to improving the railway for everyone in the region as part of our Railway Upgrade Plan, and once complete, passengers will experience fewer delays on their journeys to and from London. I'd like to thank passengers for their understanding while we carry out the work, and I'd advise anyone planning to travel over the next six weekends to check their journeys beforehand.'
A further six weekends of improvement work is planned, which affects Abellio Greater Anglia and TfL Rail services into Liverpool Street, followed by a further 10 days over the Christmas and New Year period.
Passengers travelling on the main line between Norwich and London will have to use replacement bus services between Shenfield and London Liverpool Street during this period.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 7 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 10 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash