Time to buy tickets for this year’s Norfolk Sports Awards
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Tickets are now on sale for one of the biggest sporting award ceremonies in the region.
This year's Norfolk Sports Awards will see some of the most inspirational and successful sports people recognised for their achievements.
Judges have already picked out the 38 finalists who stand a chance of winning their respective categories.
And with just two weeks to go until the event, Ben Jones, director of Active Norfolk, is encouraging people to go along and show their support.
He said: 'It's going to be a fantastic event and those attending are in for a treat, with food, drinks and celebrations being the order of the night.
You may also want to watch:
'A number of special sporting guests, including Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate and British champion boxers Liam and Ryan Walsh, will be there to talk about their achievements this year.
'Also, with the winners of each category being announced, ending in the illustrious Active Norfolk Winner of Winners trophy, it really is a night not to be missed.'
- 1 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 Caravan left dumped near beach for several years will be removed
- 9 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 10 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
Last week, judges spent around eight hours looking through more than 120 nominations before picking out the finalists.
And on November 11 the winners for each of the 12 categories will be announced at the Forum in Norwich.
Carolyn Atherton, village sport co-ordinator for Hainford and Stratton Strawless, which has been shortlisted, said: 'It is really exciting and we are very thrilled with the news. The way our community has embraced the village games never fails to astound me.'
Sky Sports host and former Blue Peter presenter Simon Thomas will be one of many famous faces present during the event.
Also in attendance will be world junior number one wheelchair tennis player Alfie Hewett, and professional triathlete Kimberley Morrison.
Tickets cost £15 per person and can be purchased from www.activenorfolk.org/events/2015/11/norfolk-sports-awards