Time running out to register to vote in 2017 General Election
People have until midnight tonight to register to vote in the June 8 snap General Election.
The deadline for English, Welsh and Scottish residents to register for the major democratic event is 11.59pm tonight.
People have to be aged 18 or over on polling day; be a British be resident at an address in the UK (or a UK citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years); and not be legally excluded from voting.
You may also want to watch:
Across the UK seven million people are not on the public register to vote.
To register online visit www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 7 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 How former teacher jailed for abuse of young boys was pillar of community