Time running out to nominate food heroes for Aylsham Show awards
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk food lovers have three more weeks to nominate their favourites for the Aylsham Food Heroes Awards, run by the Aylsham Show.
The awards, in their 7th year, recognise those who have helped put the county on the food map. Nominations close on April 30.
Dozens of nominations have been received since the awards were launched in February, but organisers are urging the public to make more – especially for the category of individual food hero.
This accolade is awarded to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the production or promotion of Norfolk-based food or drink, and could be a farmer, fisherman, chef, butcher, food writer of school cook.
A new category for 2013 is best specialist food or drink producer selling only their own produce, which will be judged by Norfolk food writer and cook Mary Kemp.
You may also want to watch:
The full list of categories is:
? Best use of local produce on a menu, sponsored by PIC UK
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
? Best new food or drink venture started in 2012/13, sponsored by BOCM Pauls
? Best food or drink supplier or producer promoting local produce, sponsored by Dewing Grain
? Best specialist food or drink producer selling only their own produce, sponsored by Gressingham Foods
? Individual food hero.
The winners of each category will compete for the championship, sponsored by Larking Gowen, the winner of which will receive the Ken Dye Memorial Salver. Nominations can be made at www.aylshamshow.co.uk. The winners will be announced on August 27 at the Aylsham Show.