Local playgroup celebrates tenth anniversary with fundraising bid
- Credit: Stella Presland
Poringland playgroup has celebrated its 10th anniversary of providing childcare to the local community.
Based at Poringland Village Hall, the group has grown from having 12 children on their books in 2009, to taking care of more than 250 children.
The playgroup, run by Time Childcare, now employs 15 members of staff and as they celebrate a decade of childcare they hope to raise funds of £3000 to improve the communal garden area.
Donations would go towards improving the safety of the outdoor area and buying new play apparatus for the children to enjoy.
All the children and employees have access to the garden, which the playgroup said benefits them educationally and recreationally.
You may also want to watch:
On the group's JustGiving page they said: 'The benefits for children's learning, development and well-being are well researched.
We want to ensure we are making the most of what we have.'
You can donate to the project here.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting