Man sustained serious head injuries following A47 collision
- Credit: Terry Harris / PaperPix.co.uk
A man in his 50s sustained serious head injuries following a collision on the A47.
Police are appealing for witnesses following a serious road collision in Tilney All Saints, near King's Lynn.
Officers were called shortly after 9.30am yesterday morning (Sunday, January 28) to reports of a collision involving a white Mercedes lorry and a white Nissan NV200 van on the A47 heading towards Wisbech.
The driver of the van, a man aged in his 50s, was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious head injuries, where he remains.
The crash happened on the Wisbech-bound carriageway. While the King's Lynn-bound stretch had reopened by midday, the other side remained closed – from the Pullover roundabout to the Wisbech roundabout – until shortly after 3pm.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact Swaffham Roads Policing by calling 101.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend