Dad ‘hopeful’ for missing 15-year-old girl’s return as police reveal she was spotted on CCTV at railway station
- Credit: Archant
The father of a missing 15-year-old girl who unexpectedly left home has said he is 'hopeful' of her safe return as police said she might be in London, Norwich or Edinburgh.
Tilly Rawling, of Lavender Close, Attleborough, was discovered as missing when her sister went into her bedroom on Sunday morning to ask if she wanted pancakes and noticed the window was open.
She made a phonecall to her father from a Hammersmith telephone box on Monday morning - but the line went dead when he asked if she was with anyone.
No contact has been made with her since, however police said she was spotted on CCTV at Kings Cross station the day of the phone call.
MORE: 'We just want you back,' say missing 15-year-old girl's familySince then her family have mounted an extensive search for the Old Buckenham High School pupil, driving around the Attleborough area in a bid to find her and contacting her friends to see if there had been any sightings.
Thousands of people have joined in the search by sharing posters on social media, with police saying: 'Officers are becoming increasingly concerned for Tilly's welfare .'
A statement added: 'It is believed Tilly might be in the London, Edinburgh or Norwich areas.'
Her father Matthew Rawling said he remained concerned - particularly as Tilly does not have a phone, has no money and is believed to only have the clothes she is wearing.
He added: 'She's a teenager - she hates the cold.
'Her mum wants her back - we all do. It's as simple as that.
- 1 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 5 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 6 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 7 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
Of the search, he said: 'We're trying to do all we can.
'I feel hopeful it's just a matter of time.'
Mr Rawling is considering travelling to London to continue the search.
He has been driving round the area to try and find her and has shared posters with taxi drivers in Norwich.
Tilly lives with her 12-year-old sister and 10-year-old brother.
They spend a few days a week with their father in Attleborough and the rest of the time with their mother, Nicola Walker, in Quidenham.
Tilly is described as 5ft 7in tall, of slim build and with waist-length, wavy blonde and mousy-coloured hair.
At the time she left home, she was believed to be wearing a hat with the letters NYC on the front, as well as a hooded Slazenger top and black jeans.
She was also possibly carrying a rucksack.
Mr Rawling has asked anyone with information to contact police on 101 or search Matthew Rawling on Facebook.