Tickets go on sale for Thetford’s Electric Forest
Thetford Forest is set to shine again this winter as the Electric Forest sparks to life for a second year running.
Tickets are now on sale for this event which will transform the forest with stunning light, sound and visual art installations from December 1 to 16 (Sat 1-Sun 2; Thur 6-Sun 9; Thur 13-Sun 16).
Beginning at High Lodge, a 2km trail will take visitors on a magical night-time adventure through the woodland, snaking through patches of darkness into illuminated areas.
The Electric Forest is produced by Culture Creative in partnership with the Forestry Commission.
Culture Creative director Zoe Bottrell said: 'Just over 6,000 visitors enjoyed the Electric Forest experience last year and we're working hard to ensure that this year's event is even better. We've commissioned some Suffolk-based visual artists to produce a stunning installation with the help of local schoolchildren and we're also looking at producing some more unusual ones – you may even hear the trees talking this year.'
You may also want to watch:
The High Lodge Forest Caf� will be open, providing hot meals and drinks. They are also offering a three-course Christmas meal for group bookings – call 01842 813949 or visit the website below.
Visitors are advised to wear warm clothes, waterproofs and sensible outdoor footwear, and bring a torch.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Advance tickets to the Electric Forest are �15.50 adult, �10 concessions, �41 family ticket (under-5s free) – inclusive of parking (booking fees will apply.) For details and to book, visit www.theelectricforest.co.uk or call the box office on 03000 680400.