‘Our most ambitious show in 40 years’ - what to expect at this year’s Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Thursford Christmas Spectacular
Stunning new images from the 42nd annual Thursford Christmas Spectacular have been released showing the 130-strong cast in full swing. With a budget of £1.8m, the show features lavish costumes made from over 1.5 million rhinestones, 100 meters of feathers and 2,000 pom-poms.
Returning to the tiny village between Fakenham and Holt from November 6, the festive stalwart is set to entertain over 112,000 visitors from across the country and the globe.
John Cushing, founder, director and producer of the Thursford Christmas Spectacular, said: 'This year's show is set to be our most ambitious to date with performers from across the world and our biggest ever dance troupe.
'I can't wait for the audiences to start filling our auditorium and experiencing all the festive treats we have lined up. I've been putting this show on for more than four decades and every year I'm blown away by the talent we see on that stage.'
From rock 'n' roll to showtunes; the Can Can to carols, this Vegas-style variety show boasts 65 musical numbers, a troupe of dancers who have performed in the West End and on Broadway and show-stopping choreography.
You may also want to watch:
For the first time Vanessa Alvarez, a seventh generation circus performer who recently performed on London's South Bank at the world-renowned Underbelly Festival, will take to the Thursford stage. She joins popular Norfolk comedian Paul Eastwood who returns to compere the evening.
One of Thursford's most prized possessions, The Mighty Wurlitzer with its 1339 pipes, one of the largest remaining Wurlitzers in Europe, will entertain throughout the evening.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 5 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 6 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 7 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 8 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 9 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent
From its humble beginnings, with its first show on Christmas Eve, 1977, The Thursford Christmas Spectacular has become one of the most popular festive shows in Europe.
This year's troupe will once again comprise of outstanding professional dancers, all having high-kicked and tap-danced their way past 480 auditionees for the 22 spots on the chorus line.
Each year the family-run Thursford Collection serves up 35,000 mince pies, almost 19,000 mulled wines, and 24,000 tubs of ice cream.
This year Thursford's sound systems have had a huge overhaul and been upgraded to a state of the art audio system which will completely revolutionise the audience experience.