Shed blaze among call outs tackled by fire crews
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters dealt with a grassland blaze and a shed fire following separate call outs in Thurlton and Lowestoft.
A crew from Loddon fire station responded following reports of a “fire in the open” on Low Road, Thurlton on Saturday night (June 13).
They arrived at the scene about 6pm, and a Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.”
The scene was cleared by 18.43pm.
A crew from Lowestoft South fire station were called out following a shed fire on Oxford Road in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were mobilised to the shed fire at 6.56pm, as they quickly tackled the blaze.
The scene was cleared by 7.12pm and a post on the Lowestoft South Fire Station Twitter page said: “18:56 #BlueWatch mobilised to shed fire.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 5 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 7 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 9 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 10 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
“Crews used 1 hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.”