Three vehicle crash at Long Stratton closes part of A140
- Credit: James Bass
A three vehicle crash has resulted in closure or part of the A140.
Emergency services, including police and fire, were called to a three car crash on the A140 at Long Stratton at just after 6pm tonight (Friday, November 16).
Fire crews from Long Stratton, Earlham and Carrow were called to the crash and released a casualty using hydraulic rescue equipment and made safe.
A spokesman in the Norfolk Police control room said those involved sustained 'minor injuries' but added the road was still closed in both directions following the crash with diversions in place.
But recovery of vehicles was underway and it was hoped the road would be reopened within the next hour.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, at just after 6.20pm fire crews from Hingham and Attleborough attended a crash at Attleborough and had to manually assist a casualty from the vehicle and make the scene safe.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers