WATCH: Blaze rips through three terraced homes
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is under way after a blaze ripped through three terraced homes in a west Norfolk village, as the community rallies around those affected.
One home was completely destroyed by last night's fire, which left two other properties badly damaged.
Today Jephson Hall in Walpole Cross Keys will be open for people to donate items to those affected.
An online crowdfunding campaign has since been set up to help one of the people affected by the fire.
The gofundme page said: 'A very close friend of mine has lost everything in a house fire tonight.
You may also want to watch:
'She only has the clothes that she had on her back. With no family of her own, and only close friends she needs your help.'
Click here to visit the page.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
In a Twitter post, Sandra Squire, county councillor for the Marshland North ward, said: 'Really sad. Well done @Norfolkfire for a great response and all your efforts. Local people are taking donations of clothing etc at the village hall for the families who have lost everything.'
Another person, who posted on the Walpole Cross Keys Facebook page, said they lost two cats to the fire.
Emergency services were scrambled to Walpole Cross Keys, near Terrington St Clement, shortly before 5.15pm on Tuesday evening.
Ten fire crews from across west Norfolk and two specialist units spent an hour attempting to control the blaze on Sutton Road.
Bob Ayers, station commander at King's Lynn fire station, said one property had been 'totally destroyed', while the two other homes sustained 'significant' smoke and water damage. He added that everyone inside managed to escape safely.
Sutton Road, which had been closed, reopened at around 9.20pm as crews were told to stand down.
One crew remained overnight to monitor the situation, and Mr Ayers said a fire investigation team and building control officer would head to the scene at 9.30am on Wednesday morning.
Mr Ayers said: 'The fire was very bad. The property at the end is totally destroyed, with 75pc of the roof gone.
'The two other properties sustained significant smoke and water damage.
'We are concerned about the roof structure because it has been burnt away.'
Fire crews from Terrington, Kings Lynn, Fakenham, Outwell, Sandringham, Wisbech, Hunstanton, Downham Market, Massingham and March attended the blaze.
They used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.