Three more arrests as part of Norfolk Police’s Operation Gravity drugs crackdown
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Officers have arrested three people today (Friday, January 27) as part of a police clampdown on drugs.
As part of Norfolk Police's Operation Gravity officers were called to reports of suspicious activity in Middle Market Road, Great Yarmouth at approximately 12.40am this morning. After further enquiries, officers attended a property in Swirles Place and discovered a quantity of Class A drugs and cash.
Three people, a man in his 30s from Yarmouth, a male in his late teens from the London area, and a woman in her 30s from Yarmouth, have been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug and remain in police custody.
Meanwhile a man arrested in Norwich in connection with drugs offences has been charged.
Officers issued a warrant in Saffron Square yesterday and seized a large quantity of Class A drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Nuno Cardoso, aged 24 and from the London area, has been charged with two counts of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug, namely crack cocaine and heroin.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
A woman, aged in her 30s and from the Norwich area, who was also arrested has since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
A third man, aged in his late teens and from the London area, who was arrested yesterday following a warrant at an address in Ordnance Road, Yarmouth, has also been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
In a separate development a man has been arrested on suspicion of drug offences in Yarmouth.
The man, aged in his 50s and from Yarmouth, was arrested in Ordnance Road this morning on suspicion of permitting a premises to be used for supplying drugs.
He is currently in police custody and will be questioned by officers later.
As part of our Let's Get Them Out campaign the EDP and Norwich Evening News are urging readers to report any suspicious activity relating to drugs to the police.
If you have information call Norfolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 11