Three jailed after cannabis factory bust in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: City of London Police
Three men who cultivated a cannabis factory in Great Yarmouth have been jailed following an investigation by the City of London Police.
Officers from the City of London Police carried out search warrants in Nelson Road as part on an investigation by detectives into the supply of drugs in the City of London.
At Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday, August 30, Fazi Imeraj, 23, Ilirjan Avdiaj, 23, and Fatjon Kortoci, 21, all of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to production of cannabis, and were each sentenced to eight months in prison. In addition, each man was made subject to a deportation order.
The court was told that City of London Police officers, supported by colleagues from Norfolk Constabulary, executed a warrant in the region shortly before 4pm on Friday, 29 July and found a large number of cannabis plants at the address in Nelson Road. The three men, who were in the house at the time, were immediately arrested on suspicion of cultivation of cannabis.
A search of the premises revealed 65 mature flowering cannabis plants, 276 pots containing stems, stalks and root balls, five bin bags full of cannabis matter, 43,600 watt lamps and 156 drying stalks. These were spread across all floors of the property in four different rooms, it was heard.
Detective Constable James Curtis from the City of London Police Major Crime Team said: 'This was a sophisticated and thorough cannabis cultivation operation which all three men have admitted to being involved in and the elimination of this factory will have a significant positive impact on the production and supply of drugs in both the London and Norfolk regions.
'Our officers were acting on information on the whereabouts of this cannabis factory which had links to the supply of drugs in the City of London and I'd like to thank our colleagues from Norfolk Constabulary in the execution of this warrant which has made this case a success.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?