Three crews of firefighters called to pizza restaurant in King’s Lynn
PUBLISHED: 19:00 30 May 2015 | UPDATED: 19:04 30 May 2015
Three crews of firefighters were sent to a pizza restaurant in King’s Lynn after a fridge started smoking.
They were called at 4.01pm today to Galliano’s Pizza on Lynn Road, in Gaywood.
Tim Edwards, a group manager for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, tweeted: “Serious fire averted by staff isolating electrics to burning fridge at Gallianos Pizza in #Kingslynn. Time to check your #fireriskassessment”
The firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a thermal image camera, although the service said the fire was extinguished before they arrived.
No-one was hurt, although it is believed there was some smoke damage.
In a message on its Facebook page, the restaurant said: “Due to an electrical fault we are sorry to say that we will not be open tonight. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.