Three crews of firefighters called to pizza restaurant in King’s Lynn

Galliano's Pizza on Lynn Road, Gaywood. Photo: Google maps

Galliano's Pizza on Lynn Road, Gaywood. Photo: Google maps - Credit: Archant

Three crews of firefighters were sent to a pizza restaurant in King's Lynn after a fridge started smoking.

https://twitter.com/fire_tim/status/604675682254376960

They were called at 4.01pm today to Galliano's Pizza on Lynn Road, in Gaywood.

Tim Edwards, a group manager for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, tweeted: 'Serious fire averted by staff isolating electrics to burning fridge at Gallianos Pizza in #Kingslynn. Time to check your #fireriskassessment'

The firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a thermal image camera, although the service said the fire was extinguished before they arrived.

No-one was hurt, although it is believed there was some smoke damage.


You may also want to watch:


In a message on its Facebook page, the restaurant said: 'Due to an electrical fault we are sorry to say that we will not be open tonight. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.'

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus