Three cheers for the Norfolk and Norwich Festival volunteers!
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
They are the backstage stars of the festival - an army of volunteers working hard to make sure everyone has a good time. EMMA KNIGHTS reports
While audiences are out and about having fun attending the Norfolk and Norwich Festival's array of shows and events, an army of volunteers is busily working away to ensure everything goes without a hitch.
Wearing their colourful blue T-shirts and cheerful smiles, they take on the roles of event stewards, drivers, box office assistants and more.
And some of the more extravagantly dressed volunteers can also be found in the Adnams Spiegeltent welcoming people to the iconic festival venue in Chapelfield Gardens.
This year there are more than 110 volunteers in the festival team, and artistic director William Galinsky paid tribute to the important role each and every one of them played.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'They are brilliant. They come from all walks of life, from students to retired people and they have all sorts of different skills that they bring to the festival.
'They are crucial to the festival.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
'I think they are amazing and we have a lot who come back year after year.'
People of all ages have signed up to be festival volunteers, and a special mention must go to Jim Durrant who has been a festival volunteer for many years and recently celebrated his 90th birthday.
The Norfolk and Norwich Festival runs until Sunday.
For more details visit www.nnfestival.org.uk
For all the latest Norfolk and Norwich Festival news and reviews, visit www.edp24.co.uk/nnf