Three cats died and woman taken to hospital after house fire at Grimston, near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Three cats died and a woman needed hospital treatment after a house fire near King's Lynn.
It broke out in the kitchen of the property on Vong Lane, Grimston, at around 8.50pm yesterday.
Norfolk fire service said crews from Massingham, Fakenham and Sandringham were sent to the scene.
They wore breathing apparatus and used main jets, hose reel jets and hand appliances to put out the fire and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The fire was in the kitchen, which was seriously damaged and there was smoke damage to other parts of the property.
'The occupant had extinguished most of the fire by the time we arrived, so they were on the scene for about 40 minutes.'
An ambulance service spokesman said: 'A woman, believed to be in her 50s, was assessed at the scene and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further care.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 World War Two aircraft to fly over Norfolk's skies
A man at the property this morning said he did not wish to speak about the fire.