Three cats died and woman taken to hospital after house fire at Grimston, near King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Three cats died and a woman needed hospital treatment after a house fire near King's Lynn.
It broke out in the kitchen of the property on Vong Lane, Grimston, at around 8.50pm yesterday.
Norfolk fire service said crews from Massingham, Fakenham and Sandringham were sent to the scene.
They wore breathing apparatus and used main jets, hose reel jets and hand appliances to put out the fire and a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
A fire service spokesman said: 'The fire was in the kitchen, which was seriously damaged and there was smoke damage to other parts of the property.
You may also want to watch:
'The occupant had extinguished most of the fire by the time we arrived, so they were on the scene for about 40 minutes.'
An ambulance service spokesman said: 'A woman, believed to be in her 50s, was assessed at the scene and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further care.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
A man at the property this morning said he did not wish to speak about the fire.