Three arson attacks at schools and village halls over four days
Police are appealing for any footage captured on mobile phones following three arsons at schools and village halls around Broadland.
Around 9.30pm on December 21 a bin lid was set on fire at Taverham Village Hall on Sandy Lane. At Firside Middle School on Middletons Lane in Hellesdon around 6.50pm on December 18 two cones in a wheelbarrow were set on fire.
And two cones near a dugout at Horsford Village Hall were set alight at some time on December 19.
It comes after Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service issued a warning following more than 20 arsons in North and West Norwich in recent weeks.
Norwich district commander Duncan Ashworth said: 'Even a small rubbish fire can lead to serious consequences, particularly in a commercial context as many businesses are unable to recover from an arson attack.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should contact Norfolk Police on 101.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 7 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes