Three arrests after armed police called to reports of 12 people fighting in Great Yarmouth street
- Credit: Matthew Vincent (@MV2899)
Police have arrested three men after reports that up to 12 people fighting in a residential street in Great Yarmouth.
Officers were called on Saturday night at about 9.30pm following several calls from members of the public that some people were seen with weapons.
The incident happened near to the junction of Devonshire Road and Wellington Road, near the seafront, after what is believed to be a dispute about a noisy party.
MORE: Drama as armed police are called to Great Yarmouth partyPolice, including armed units, attended and three people were arrested on suspicion of affray.
Two men aged 19 and one aged 20, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Two knives were seized from a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said that while enquiries are continuing, it is believed to be dispute around noise between people living in two houses.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
They added that although a number of people were assaulted – no injuries were reported.