Three arrests after armed police called to reports of 12 people fighting in Great Yarmouth street
- Credit: Matthew Vincent (@MV2899)
Police have arrested three men after reports that up to 12 people fighting in a residential street in Great Yarmouth.
Officers were called on Saturday night at about 9.30pm following several calls from members of the public that some people were seen with weapons.
The incident happened near to the junction of Devonshire Road and Wellington Road, near the seafront, after what is believed to be a dispute about a noisy party.
MORE: Drama as armed police are called to Great Yarmouth partyPolice, including armed units, attended and three people were arrested on suspicion of affray.
Two men aged 19 and one aged 20, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Two knives were seized from a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said that while enquiries are continuing, it is believed to be dispute around noise between people living in two houses.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
They added that although a number of people were assaulted – no injuries were reported.