Three arrests after armed police called to reports of 12 people fighting in Great Yarmouth street
- Credit: Matthew Vincent (@MV2899)
Police have arrested three men after reports that up to 12 people fighting in a residential street in Great Yarmouth.
Officers were called on Saturday night at about 9.30pm following several calls from members of the public that some people were seen with weapons.
The incident happened near to the junction of Devonshire Road and Wellington Road, near the seafront, after what is believed to be a dispute about a noisy party.
MORE: Drama as armed police are called to Great Yarmouth partyPolice, including armed units, attended and three people were arrested on suspicion of affray.
Two men aged 19 and one aged 20, were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre where they remain in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Two knives were seized from a vehicle belonging to one of the suspects.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said that while enquiries are continuing, it is believed to be dispute around noise between people living in two houses.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
They added that although a number of people were assaulted – no injuries were reported.