Three arrested after police pursuit of suspected stolen car in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been arrested after being found in a suspected stolen car after a police pursuit in Norwich.
Police specials found the car after it was spotted driving on Dereham Road shortly after 11pm on Friday night. It had been reported stolen on February 11.
When the car was stopped police found a small quantity of what is believe to be cocaine.
Special Sergeant Wilton of Norfolk Police said: 'Officers did an area search and found the vehicle in the city where there was a short pursuit after it failed to stop.
'The male driver in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle. After a search of the vehicle a quantity of Class A drug believed to be cocaine was found and all three, including a female in her 30s and man in his 20s, were arrested on suspicion of possession.
You may also want to watch:
They remained in custody under investigation on Saturday morning.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died