Three arrested after early morning drama in Leiston
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary after an incident in Leiston in Suffolk this morning.
Police were called to reports of a woman screaming and attended an address in Station Road at around 4.40am.
They arrived to find that two men appeared to have forced entry into the home of a 32-year-old man.
Two men were arrested at the scene and a third man was arrested soon afterwards following further inquiries.
The men – a 30-year-old from Saxmundham, a 38-year-old from an unknown address and a 30-year-old from Halesworth – were all arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary.
You may also want to watch:
They are all in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Police said a man and a woman were present at the address at the time of the incident. Nobody was injured but a patio door and an internal door at the bungalow were damaged.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
Police are investigating and are asking anyone who was in the area around the time to come forward if they saw any part of the incident.
Anyone with information should contact DC Pauline Cullum at Leiston CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.