Three air cadets from Thetford Squadron represent Norfolk and Suffolk at sports competition
- Credit: Archant
Three air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron won gold medals after representing Norfolk and Suffolk at a hockey tournament.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Georgia Brinkley, Cadet Corporal Larna Smith and Cadet Hayley Bingham were picked to play for the Norfolk and Suffolk air cadets' wing team in the Inter Wing Senior Girls Hockey Championships.
Held at RAF College Cranwell, in Lincolnshire, the competition saw six wings within central and eastern England battle it out on the hockey field to be crowned regional champions.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Brinkley, who has been selected to attend the regional trials later this month to try and make it to the corps competition, said: 'It was a privilege to represent Norfolk and Suffolk Wing once again, and fantastic that we came home with the trophy.
'The team was exceptional during the competition against some tough teams, and we're looking forward to retaining the trophy in 2018.'
You may also want to watch:
The squadron have had a number of wing representations this year.
Cadet Warrant Officer Hayden Iles represented Norfolk and Suffolk Wing in the Senior Football competition and Cadet Corporal Callum Brown and Cadet Lewis Haynes travelled to RAF Wyton tfor the male hockey championships.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Later this month five cadets from 1109 head to RAF College Cranwell after being selected for the wing junior rugby team.
Squadron sports officer, Sergeant Matt Drewry said: 'It was been an excellent start to 2017 with sports for 1109, after finishing third overall in last month's cross country to twelve wing representations in a matter of months.
'This year already looks very bright and I'm sure the cadets will continue to achieve great things.'
If you're interested in joining then email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow 1109 Thetford Squadron Air Cadets on Facebook.