Thousands raised for hospital at north Norfolk plant day
- Credit: Archant
A Plant Lovers' Day in north Norfolk has raised £4,000 for a nearby hospital.
The money raised at the event at Creake Abbey, between Fakenham and Burnham Market, on Saturday, May 25 will go to the Wells Community Hospital Trust.
More than 1,600 visitors attended the Plant Lovers' Day to view over 30 specialist plant nurseries from across the UK.
Diana Brocklebank Scott, owner of Creake Abbey, said: "We were delighted to have such fantastic turnout.
"The nurserymen were consistently busy all day selling plants and dispensing plant care and gardening advice. The whole event had such a great atmosphere and many visitors made a day of it."
You may also want to watch:
The latest fundraising means £28,000 has now been raised for the Wells Community Hospital Trust over the 12 years that the event has been running.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?