Thousands raised for hospital at north Norfolk plant day
- Credit: Archant
A Plant Lovers' Day in north Norfolk has raised £4,000 for a nearby hospital.
The money raised at the event at Creake Abbey, between Fakenham and Burnham Market, on Saturday, May 25 will go to the Wells Community Hospital Trust.
More than 1,600 visitors attended the Plant Lovers' Day to view over 30 specialist plant nurseries from across the UK.
Diana Brocklebank Scott, owner of Creake Abbey, said: "We were delighted to have such fantastic turnout.
"The nurserymen were consistently busy all day selling plants and dispensing plant care and gardening advice. The whole event had such a great atmosphere and many visitors made a day of it."
The latest fundraising means £28,000 has now been raised for the Wells Community Hospital Trust over the 12 years that the event has been running.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks