Thousands of homes enter second day without water
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of homes in Wymondham are entering a second day without water after a burst water main shut off the supply in the early hours of Monday morning.
Anglian Water have closed Station Road while their teams carry out work on a 'complex' burst water main, which they identified as the cause of the problem yesterday morning.
Teams were sent to investigate around 8am Monday after a number of residents in the Harts Farm area reported leaks and a complete loss of water.
Originally the company said water would be returned by 4pm Monday but amended the statement last night to say the issue would not be fixed until 5pm Tuesday at the earliest.
They said: 'We're really sorry but some customers in Wymondham may have vert low water pressure or no water at all.
You may also want to watch:
'It is proving to be a complex job that is taking longer than we had originally hoped.
'Again, we're really sorry we've inconvenienced you and thanks for your patience.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire