Thousands enjoy Halloween fun at Holkham Hall
- Credit: Archant
Owls have provided a 'spooktacular' highlight for visitors to a Halloween celebration at Holkham Hall.
Thousands of people have flocked to the country house near Wells to take part in the four-day event, which runs until Sunday.
On the first day alone, 129 pumpkins were carved by children and more than 300 cupcakes were decorated at Holkham's Old Kitchen with the 'Kiddy Cook' team.
And Norfolk Wild Encounters has delighted guests with owls which can perch on visitors' hands.
Other attractions have included a fancy dress parade, face painting, games, a creepy quiz and a storyteller.
Holkham marketing manager Laurane Herrieven said the event was proving a success.
She said: 'So many families have come dressed for the occasion and shown their support. It has really exceeded expectations.'
For more information, visit www.holkham.co.uk
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 8 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 9 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride