Thousands attend popular Downham Market Water Festival
- Credit: Archant
It is one of the biggest festivals in the region - and this year's Downham Market Water Festival welcomed thousands of visitors.
Now in its 11th year, Hythe Bridge was a hive of activity as families enjoyed the popular community event.
Fairground rides, 35 charity, craft and food stalls, and dance shows in the arena kept visitors entertained in between the main event - the Dragon Boat Challenge.
Last year's winners, Angels and Demons were unable to enter, but 11 teams took part in the race down the Great Ouse Relief Channel.
The winning team was Cirrhosis of the River, representing the East of England Ambulance Service.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Hayes, Downham Market Town Council community development officer, said: 'It went really well and we had around 3,000 to 4,000 people. The dragon boats were well supported and the viewing areas on the river bank were packed.
'It is a popular event and it will be running next year.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 7 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban