Thorpe St Andrew mayor officially launches eco-friendly taxi firm
- Credit: Archant
An eco-friendly taxi company has been officially launched by the mayor of Thorpe St Andrew.
Zero Taxis is believed to be one of the only companies in Norfolk providing zero-emissions vehicles, which are recharged using renewable energy.
Leon Davies, who runs the company with James Phillips, said: 'We get our energy and electric from the sun to solar panels to storage batteries and then charged into the cars during the early hours.
'When there is no sun we will get our energy from wind farms and our provider uses 100 percent renewable energy.'
John Fisher, town mayor for Thorpe St Andrew, said: 'We are always looking for environmentally friendly ways to improve air quality and with zero emissions from these vehicles, it is the ideal way to reduce pollution.'
You may also want to watch:
The company will begin transporting customers from August 8, 2018.
It will operate two Nissan Leaf vehicles.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village