Council to live-stream popular beauty spot
- Credit: Archant
A council is to begin live-streaming a popular beauty spot next to the River Yare.
Thorpe St Andrew Town Council has agreed to spend £329 on a live-view camera at River Green, off Yarmouth Road.
Once set-up, the camera will enable people from across the world to watch the stretch of riverbank in real time over the internet.
The council hopes the idea will promote Thorpe St Andrew and bring people to the area.
Town clerk Thomas Foreman said people will be able to watch the stream via the council's new website once complete.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'A few places have them now, but some of those are just of the local high street, so we are hoping this will be a little nicer.'
The town council, back in August, also agreed to install CCTV cameras at River Green following reports of antisocial behaviour in the area.
- 1 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 2 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 7 Best bargain ever? Village hall for sale for £35,000
- 8 Man drowned after drifting out onto lake on air bed
- 9 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot
- 10 Staff at food firm receive £900 bonus each
• Do you have a story? Email email@example.com